How can we help you?
In our range, you will find various products that can help you with your next project. For example, we supply and cut more than 1,000+ types of wood to size for you, and it doesn't stop there; in addition to wood, you will also find plastic panels in our webshop. Because of this large range, it can be a bit overwhelming to make the right choice. Believe us when we say: you cannot make a wrong choice with wood and panel materials. Below we have some tips to make it easier for you. First of all, the following applies to every project:
- Decide on the look you want
- Determine the dimensions
- Determine the thickness
Do you have a small budget? Then you'll always be fine with MDF after which you can easily finish it with your desired colour. Is your budget bigger? Indicate the specifications you are looking for on the category page and get inspired by the many possibilities. You can do this easily by following the steps below:
- Go to the category page wood and wooden sheets
- Select one of the many options on the left-hand side of the screen. Are you on mobile? Click that open the filter button and get straight to work.
General tips for choosing the right type of wood
Besides the above tips, there are some other general tips that are useful when choosing the right panel:
- 18 mm and 22 mm are the most commonly chosen thicknesses when building a structure.
- All unfinished panels still need a varnish before you can use them in damp situations.
- MDF and plywood are popular base boards. You can get these fully finished with melamine or HPL top layer, in which case they are often more expensive. So are you on a tight budget? Then go for unfinished material and finish it yourself with a paint or lacquer.
- HPL is the scratch-resistant variant of melamine; many brands have a link between these two top layers. Go for HPL when you need a working surface and finish the rest of the room with a melamine board to save costs.
Frequently asked questions
All answers at a glance